Monday, December 05, 2011

21 at 44 (my first half marathon at 44)

its always great to celebrate  "first" times...everything seems to be fulfilling and challenging ..

though id been running for a year i still experience butterflies like when i did my first marathon last sunday...after all ...nothing is as exciting and as nerve wracking  as the first time you experienced it.

til the very night before the run, self- doubts and worries hound me like ...am i really ready for my first half marathon..will i endure the miles...what if my legs give up..

but at 4:30 am i found myself running at the QC Intl  Marathon along the Memorial Circle en route to La Mesa Dam to run my first 21k.... and I made it! whew....wow...aww... t'was really  a big leap for me..im proud , and amazed and it hurts.( my legs!!!)



 my stats can attest to that ...I finished after 2 hours and 44 mins with pacing at 7:44mins/km.  I was at number 702 out of 1050 runners ( all ages , both gender) , not bad ? ...for my age.? i dont care.! although im hoping for a new PR(personal record) in the future.


id like to thank my husband who drove  me to the venue and my children who waited for me at the finish line.


as a reward ,  i bought myself a newbalance singlet for my future run. and a steak for lunch at mercato.

at least before i turn 45 in a few days i ran my first half marathon.!



and hopefully at 45 , ill be able to run my first marathon.

im preparing for my first marathon  come april 15, 2012.
its a lot of running and training for me in the next few months. and hopefully ill come prepared
as this is my next goal .

"It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."
-Dr. George Sheehan

No comments:

Post a Comment