Monday, August 15, 2011

my modest painting collections



i could not say that im a true art collector, im just an amateur art lover.
most of my paintings are from bulacan artists since i hail from this province.

maybe i've inherited my love for art from my mom although she prefers collecting antiques.
paintings brighten my mood, inspire and each art collection has a story.

feels proud  when 6 of my collections were featured at an exhibit at sm city baliwag
in commemoration of the womens week early this year.



most of the artists in my collections were featured in some art books like encyclopedia of philippine art and structural art by philippine artist.
through the years i have befriended some artist and i admire them for their genuine talents.

One of them is  Ernie Velasquez who's an active artist in the Bulacan Group.  He introduced me to some great artist in our province. Thanks Ernie for igniting in me the love for art! I couldn't refuse the painting done by him and his contemporaries. I like his work on old houses or what we call "bahay na bato".
ernie velazquez painting

old house by ernie velasquez
divine mercy by ernie velasquez

ernie velasquez
i commisioned ernie to do this for me!

Al Perez  "Miag-ao Church" featured in the Encyclopedia of Philippine Art is in my collection. He is active in Lakan Sining ng Bulacan.  I still collect his art works for I'm an avid fan.

miag-ao church by al perez


al perez

al perez

al perez

al perez


The late JD Castro hails from Baliwag, Bulacan. Famous for his still life paintings in the 60's. He was a protege of Don Fabian dela Rosa.
j.d. castro

j.d. castro

Nilo Badajos paintings...He is from the Hagonoy Art Group and had a one man show at the Podium in 2004.
nilo badajos
nilo badajos

Philipp Badon is one of the more successful Filipino contemporary artists. He cracked at Hollywood art circle when Tom Hanks, Diana Ross & Roberta Flack became regular clients as well as celebrity TV Host Boy Abunda.
philipp badon

philipp badon


rita badon  

Jovito Andres painting hang on the wall of my clinic. He is from Angono Rizal and made waves in Singapore, New York, Illinois and Philippines with his works. His more popular subjects are mother & child, children at play and father & child.




I'm happy to acquire also, two  Dan Pangan church paintings.  He opened his show on Oct 9, 2007 at the lobby of Phil Embassy in Manhattan New York City. He was well received, admired for his non incredulous voyage of tint, hue, line, curve and detail.
dan pangan
dan pangan
Cris Velasco is also a member of Lakan Sining ng Bulacan. His work is unique because he uses wood, grains of sands and some metals to make it more realistic.
cris velasco
cris velasco
Renato "Tatz" Villanueva, another popular Bulacan artist whose two artworks adorn the walls of our house.
tats villanueva
tatz villanueva
Cezar Cruz...a bulacan artists..famous for his still life paintings.


Fidel Sarmiento currently heads the Art Association of the Philippines (AAP). Considers art as his vocation.

Will Reyes, another artist from Bulacan has joined several group shows and solo exhibit in Purple Arts Gallery in Artwalk, SM Megamall.


will reyes



Another popular Bulacan Artist, Fil dela Cruz is known for his finely detailed works showing indigenous people in mezzotint, a printing technique in which different gradations of black tones are shown just loike my two collections below.



Jun Tiongco
is a member of Tanay artists where they mount yearly group exhibition. His works are done in beautiful impressionist renditions of tranquil still life arrangements subdued in hues of water color...Just like my collection ....

jun tiongco




C. Anorico's painting is one of the earliest I bought from my moms friend. Later, I learned he's an artist from Angono  and famous for his Angono street murals.

C.Anorico
Mhar Baes  is one of the quintessential Still Life Artists. Mhars beautiful use of light and shadow techniques are remarkable!
Mhar Baes
Max Lalata's painting is included in the Obra Maestra Gallery collection. I'm happy to have one of his works.


The painting below was done in 1970 by an unknown artist.  I got this painting with dilapidated
frame from my grandmothers house. This is one of the more admired paintings fr my collections.

after restoration

Leonardo Hidalgo made an on the spot painting of me when he was invited by my mayor brother to do some artworks in Bustos, Bulacan. He has garnered awards for his works and has exhibited his paintings from all over the world.


 The painting below is one of the biggest in my collection. It sits on top of our masters bedroom headboard. Painting is done by a Filipino Chinese artist Sy Chiu Hua named "Maria Clara and her friend".
To date, she had 34 exhibitions with her husband Hau Chiok. They founded the Philippine Chinese Art Center.



Thanks for taking a glimpse in my art collection and I hope I inspire you to appreciate the talents of the Filipino artists.



"To purchase art is to invest in something whose value would never depreciate."author uk

1 comment:

  1. I have a Max Lalata painting if you are interested.
    It isn`t as graffic as the one you have but is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete