Thursday, January 22, 2015

Birthday & Christmas in Kuala Lumpur 2014

Two days before Christmas is my birthday so I treated my family with a trip to Kuala Lumpur.




 Though we've already been to Penang Malaysia as a side trip from our cruise ship years ago I was surprised that this big city is very modern with skyscrapers, modern bridges and wide roads.

 Travelling with my children seem easier now that they can do their own tasks and errands.


 They are obviously light packers like their dad.

I always  busy myself reading on the "must visit" places on the internet. Thanks to bloggers who share their travelling experience!



 This is a chance for the kids to enjoy bus and train rides in the city. Kuala Lumpur was a great discovery!




 What could be more amazing than seeing the tallest "twin towers" in the world…Petronas.




 It was a different view from daytime…


...to nighttime with the smogs at the top. What a spectacular manmade structure!




KL is a shoppers haven. I love their malls especially at the Bukit Bintang area. They also have their version of Chinatown at "Petaling Street" with all the bargain souvenirs around.






 Did some side tripping at Batu Caves. We saw the statue of Hindu Gods, fed some monkeys and pigeons along the way and climbed the steep stairs of the cave.

 

  Took the metro train at the Central station. I admire their train system as you can go places for a lesser price.




Cant miss visiting their  gardens and nurseries and brought home some of these plants…

It was like New Year in Christmas eve as people, mostly tourists, gathered along the streets . People of all ages used noisemakers, confetti and snow spray to add revelry to the occasion.


We stayed at Novotel which is just a in front of Pavilion Mall. 
Truly a worthwhile moments with my family at a different country.


Malaysia is truly Asia!

No comments:

Post a Comment